Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 2 - Tokyo


Initially, I thought that Japan Metro was confusing, but later I found it quite easy. The metro-network is definitely the most complex in the world, but the signs are easy to understand. I did not need to take another other form of public transport.
.
And Japanese queue-up in 2 orderly lines. Something that is missing in many countries.
.
.
.
ASAKUSA

Rather touristy place with lotsa food offerings.
Not bad, but definitely not the best Tokyo has to offer.
.
.
.

Big Red Lantern
.
.
.
Sensoji Temple
.
.
.
More lanterns
.
.
.

Pagoda
.
.
.
More Lanterns
.
.
.
Wishes....
.
.
.
Shinto Temple
I like the fact that Japan despite being the 2nd largest economy in the world, is able to retain its strong culture and heritage. That's very special.
.
.
.

Jumping Monkey!
.
.
.
More Lanterns again
.
.
.
Spring Time
=)
.
.
.
UENO
Ueno is quite a nice place selling more affordable things. The shops are under the train-track, hence, you would hear train noise quite often, which is quite different from the conventional shopping area. That's the attraction for me. 

Ameyoko Street
.
.
.
Street Food
.
Another thing I like about Japan - people do their work with pride just like this pancake chef who prepared the pancakes with pride & energy. You seldom see people walking and eating at the same time. I followed the locals and finished my food before continuing my shopping.
.
.
.
PACHINKO
This is uniquely Japanese.
Extremely Colourful and Noisy!!!
It is a form of gambling like slot machine.
.
.
.
Photography was not allowed in the premise. :P
.
.
.
Young Gal in Manga Costume approached by an old man.
That's uniquely Japanese again.
.
.
.
A colourful Buddhist Temple in Ueno Shopping Area.
Sometimes, I found it hard to identify whether it is a Buddhist or Shinto Temple, as I could find the element of both religions in the same worship place.
.
.
.
UENO ONSHI PARK

Sunset & Reflection
Having a nice park in the city is always nice. =)
.
.
.
Lake
.
.
.
Spring time
.
.
.
AKIHABARA

This is the Electric City of Tokyo, where you can find many shops selling electronic products as well as Manga (comics) related products - including theme cafes. It is a must-go place, as it is uniquely Japanese again. I found the whole nation obsession with Manga to be incredible, when I was on the subway, I could see OLD MAN reading comics.
.
I still could not comprehend the attraction of Manga - it is like people is always living in the fantasy world. The current world is already very interesting, why do you need to go to another world?

Akihabara
.
.
.
Theme Cafe with pretty gals dressed in High-School Uniforms.
There is a huge fantasy about girls in school uniforms.
Interesting! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment